Hemi-Orange & Black with Black Bucket Seat Interior, Rally Dash, Small Block V8, 4 BBL, Headers, 4 Speed Manual Trans, 8 3/4 Rear End.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

THE BODY

The body is very straight with no rust except for a small hole on the driver's door. The lower quarters and lower fenders are RUST-FREE. The floor and trunk pans are nice. The underside, frame rails, torsion bar support, etc have only minor surface rust. The driver's side quarter panel was replaced by a previous owner. I finished the job by welding the top of it just below the sail panel seam. I then ground it smooth and filled will 'All Metal'.

I also media blasted the sail panel seams that were hidden by the original vinyl top and filled that area with 'All Metal'. One other repair that I made was welding the area of the door post, which had been broken because someone replaced the door and didn't align it very well.

I primered these areas for protection. Even though they look decent in the pictures, they still need a little filler and hand sanded to be perfect.

The hood hinges are not broken. The driver's side has lost it's little retainer ring and has come off the stud Therefore it will not hold up the hood. I unbolted the hood and it is just sitting on there. The LF fender will need to be removed to access the hinge post.

I have new aftermarket hood scoops with chrome trim. Other body items I have are: used front bumper guards, antenna mast, all window chrome trim, RF side marker light, and replacement grille parts.

All glass is good and the windows roll up and down well. I have the two rally wheels for the right side but the tires kept going flat so I temporarily installed the steel wheels/tires. I will put the rally wheels/tires back on. I am missing all four rally wheel centers but do have the outer trim rings.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment